Directorate of Library
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to University of Technology and Art of Byumba Library. The University Library is your gateway to information resources that will inspire and facilitate your research and study across all disciplines. UTAB Library is a collection of sources of information hard copy and electronic selected by experts and made accessible for reference or borrowing, often in a quiet environment conducive to study.
- Library of UTAB
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Staff members
- Students of UTAB
- Surrounding Community
- Contact Information
Library of UTAB
University Library aims at achieving the University objectives which are to support Teaching and Learning, Research, and Community outreach. These objectives are achieved through the provision of a well-managed information stock and a tranquil study environment.
The library has a collection of both hard and soft forms of information source materials. There are 30032 hard copies, which include books and periodicals. The University also collects electronic resources to access full-text journals, company information, e-books, reference books, economic data, digital images, industry profiles, market research and career information in electronic form. The on-shelf hard copies and e-resources cover a range of disciplines including basic sciences, health sciences, applied sciences, education, arts and humanities, and social sciences. These resources can be accessed and utilized either within or outside the library.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To Plan and develop the budget for the library and ensuring its implementation
- Elaborate/update Library development policy
- To supervise regularly the inventory of available books
- To coordinate all activities of the library (Acquisition, selection, Purchasing and Donation)
- To master the number of the lent books and remaining books- Borrowing & returning back library Information (Circulation of Information)
- To control the classification, cataloguing and the numbers inside the books
- To facilitate the staff, students and visitors to access to information needed including e-resources
- To Participate in community services activities
Students of UTAB
The Library offers a range of services including Information Provision and Reference, Internet and E-Resource, Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC), Patron Administration, Charging and Discharging, Current Awareness Service (CAS), Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI), User Education, Information Retrieval and Dissemination, Reprographic Service, Binding and Repairs.ojects.
- Facilitate Information Access.
- Libraries serve as catalysts for addressing social problems in a community
- Libraries offer opportunities for remote access, making it possible for those who can’t get to the library to still access the library’s cultural and educational offerings.