Depute Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration
Welcome to the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration in UTAB. This is responsible for overseeing and managing the financial and administrative functions of the institution. It is typically headed by the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration and comprises various divisions or units that support the institution’s financial operations, administrative services, and infrastructure.
The primary role of the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration is to provide strategic leadership, planning, and management in the areas of finance, budgeting, human resources, facilities, procurement, and other administrative functions. The office ensures the effective and efficient use of resources, supports the institution’s financial sustainability, and facilitates the smooth operation of administrative processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
Here are some key functions and responsibilities associated with the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration:
- Financial Management: The office oversees the financial management of the institution, including budget planning, financial reporting, accounting, revenue generation, financial analysis, and risk management. It ensures compliance with financial regulations and best practices and works closely with other departments to allocate financial resources appropriately.
- Budgeting and Resource Allocation: The office is responsible for developing and implementing the institution’s budget. This includes working with various departments and stakeholders to set budget priorities, allocate funds, monitor expenditure, and make strategic financial decisions to support the institution’s goals and priorities.
- Human Resources Management: The office manages human resources functions, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits administration, performance management, employee relations, and professional development. It ensures compliance with labor laws, develops HR policies and procedures, and supports a positive work environment for faculty and staff.
- Facilities and Infrastructure Management: The office oversees the planning, maintenance, and development of the institution’s physical infrastructure, including buildings, grounds, utilities, and equipment. It ensures the efficient and safe operation of facilities, manages construction and renovation projects, and coordinates with external vendors and contractors.
- Procurement and Contract Management: The office manages procurement processes, vendor contracts, and purchasing policies to ensure cost-effective acquisition of goods and services. It establishes procurement guidelines, monitors compliance, negotiates contracts, and seeks opportunities for cost savings and strategic partnerships.
- Administrative Support Services: The office provides administrative support services to various departments and stakeholders, including mail and document management, records management, event planning, and administrative systems and processes. It facilitates efficient administrative operations and supports the smooth functioning of the institution.
- Compliance and Risk Management: The office ensures compliance with relevant regulations, laws, and policies governing financial management, human resources, and administrative operations. It identifies and manages risks, develops internal controls, and promotes ethical practices throughout the institution.
- Strategic Planning and Policy Development: The office contributes to strategic planning initiatives by providing financial and administrative expertise. It collaborates with senior leadership to develop policies, guidelines, and procedures related to finance, administration, and operations, aligning them with the institution’s strategic objectives.
- External Relations: The office interacts with external stakeholders, such as government agencies, regulatory bodies, auditors, financial institutions, and community partners. It represents the institution in financial and administrative matters, maintains positive relationships, and ensures compliance with external requirements.