It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to University of Technology and Art of Byumba Library. The University Library is your gateway to information resources that will inspire and facilitate your research and study across all disciplines.
UTAB Library is a collection of sources of information hard copy and electronic selected by experts and made accessible for reference or borrowing, often in a quiet environment conducive to study.
Our vision is Building and maintaining a dynamic collection of library materials and electronic resources
Our Mission is to provide accessible, high quality library services that support education and fulfill the information needs of students, Faculty, Staff, Administration and UTAB community
The Library ensures the following main duties.
- To ensure the maintenance of services and resources that will complement and strengthen academic programs of the University.
- To acquire and organize materials to simplify teaching and learning.
- To deliver resources in a variety formats to meet University mission and vision.
- To provide professionally all support needed by users, without any discrimination, with courtesy, respect, and confidentiality.
- To set up a comfortable and quiet reading & learning space for users
The library provides information services to all UTAB community members. These include References, Current Awareness services (CAS), orientation and user education to new members printed and electronic collection, internet services and conducive reading space
UTAB Library customers are advised to observe library regulations to promote excellent information service delivery.
From Monday to Thursday
Opening: 08:00 AM, Closing: 12:00 PM
Opening: O2:00 PM, Closing: 17:00 PM
From Friday to Sunday
Opening: 8:00 AM, Closing: 21:00 PM
During Holidays sessions
from Monday to Saturday
Opening: 8:00 AM, Closing: 20:00 PM