Faculty of Education
The introduction of the Faculty of Education at UTAB was motivated by the desire of UTAB to contribute to the realization of the education policy of the Government of Rwanda in order to achieve its Vision 2020 and the Millennium Development Goals. The fourth pillar of this vision is the development of human resources and knowledge-based economy. In its plan for achieving the Millennium Development Goals, Rwanda has decided to achieve education for all with the twelve-year basic education. The Faculty of Education will produce competent teachers for secondary education in various areas including arts, humanities, sciences and technology thus significantly contributing to the realization of the policy of the Government mentioned above.
The Faculty of Education has 2 departments with various options:
|Department of Education in Sciences||
|Department of Arts and Humanities||
The Diploma in Education allows the holder to teach various subjects related to specific fields in the Ordinary Level in secondary schools.
The Bachelor of Education degree allows graduates to assume various functions including the following:
- Teachers of their specific subjects at all levels of secondary schools;
- Conception and evaluation of secondary school programmes;
- Advisers and guides in secondary schools;
- Head teachers of secondary schools;
- Head of studies in secondary schools.
Graduates at IPB from Level I to Level V get the following awards respectively:
- Certificate of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Advanced Diploma of Higher Education
- Ordinary Degree of Higher Education
- Honors Degree of Higher Education