DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION IN SCIENCES
About the Department
The Department of Education in Sciences has four degree programmes:
- Education in Biology-Geography
- Education in Mathematics-Biology
- Education in Mathematics-Computer Sciences
- Education in Mathematics-Geography
At the Diploma level, students study the two subjects of their programme and when they get the Diploma, they are qualified to teach those subjects in ordinary level of secondary school.
When the students proceed to the degree level, they choose one subject for major which they will be qualified to teach in advanced level of secondary school.
The Department of Education in Sciences admits any students with science background having at least 2 principal passes
- Maths-Physics-Geography ,
- Maths-Computer Science-Economics,
- Biology- Chemistry-Geography
- Physics- Economics-Maths
- Having a Diploma in Education in this program, a student can:
teach of their specific subjects at all levels of secondary schools;
- Having a Bachelor’s degree of Education in this program, a student can assume various functions including the following:
- teach of their specific subjects at all levels of secondary schools;
- Conception and evaluation of secondary school programmes;
- Advisers and guides in secondary schools;
- Head teachers of secondary schools;
- Head of studies in secondary schools.